Monday 19 September 2011

Changing places

THE SPECIAL PLACE

Change is constant in our lives, some may bring us bad memories and some good moments, certainly one of the changes or places that I will always remember will be the home of my grandparents. My grandparent’s house has always been one of the best places you'll never find, if you enter, the smell of hot food with a nice smell, all clean and pleasant and with nice surroundings. I remember a lot the house that brings me many memories of my childhood it was one of the places I always liked when I was a young girl, there was always something interesting to do in the house.
It is a house with a large garden in the back was a big island of trees, bushes, in the middle in a big tree was a tree house, that me and my cousins always get out of the house climb all the way up and play in it, the tree house had many leaves and many interesting things that we all considered treasures. It was amazing the holidays or weekends, with all 5 cousins because the fun was endless. We often stayed to sleep in that house, all the cousins and we slept very late, drinking guanabana and a piece of cake that her grandmother always cooked, most of the holidays as a little girl I spent it there, not only playing but learning to spend precious time with my grandparents. The best days we celebrated in the house were very nice being able to share in that place times like Christmas or New Year with the whole family.
I remember a weekend it is one of my saddest days that I can remember, the work of my grandfather had to move to a house in another area of the city and have to leave that house and get a new one, and they decided to keep it and we would only use it for the long weekends, but that meant that we won’t be going to that place very often as much as we did. The last few times I spent in that house I felt sad because I couldn’t go as often, it wasn’t a nice feeling it was one of the best places of my childhood when my grandparents settled here in Guatemala. As we went all to visit the new home it was very nice, really spacious as well but I had the idea that no other house would be better to the first house.
In the new house I had fun but felt that there was never enough. At the beginning was a bit hard because I used to go every weekend and really missed going to play in the tree house with all my cousins. I was used to the new home, where we spent time with the whole family and definitely great moments and very special as well, I remember when it was a long weekend, the family again went to the old house, and remember a lot of memories, but for me were memories of all the funny, moments that had happened there we were bigger at that time but we always climb and see the old tree house, I well remembered that I used to do there with my cousins.
The whole house identifies my childhood; everything always happened near the old tree house, is a place that will always bring me peace and quiet and relaxing. Sometimes we have to leave places even if we don’t totally agree but the most important is to always remember the unforgettable experiences and the amazing moments that you make in your life. There isn’t a day we get together with the whole family and always ending mentioning the house of the grandparents as an amazing place. I still often miss it but I also like the current home of the grandparents, creating more special moments with my family and my cousins, and I hope there are no future changes because probably sounds funny but I will also miss that place. I think the change are hard but is a matter of time as you get used to something that you knew very well, but always help to value every moment and to have only good memories of those past places and always enjoy new.

No comments:

Post a Comment